Thursday, July 7, 2011

Dinner Tonight

I'm making homemade lasagna for dinner tonight. It's a fairly difficult thing to make ordinarily but the baby has been sick all day. He keeps throwing up just about everything he eats. The poor little guy is acting like himself playing and laughing. It s so sad and hard to watch. The only thing you can do in cases like this is make sure they stay hydrated and wait it out.  I'm hoping its a 24 hour bug that will pass soon since its been about that long already. The Lasagna is a little different than I've made in the past. I usually make it with browned Italian Sausage. This time I'm using frozen precooked meatballs. I cut them up in order to add them into the layers of Lasagna. We've had these meatballs before on sandwiches and spagetti so I know they're good but this is a little different. One nice thing about making Lassgna is the fact that you can make it at noon, throw it in the refrigerator and then bake it 1 hour before its time to eat. I still have to make the garlic toast but that's child's play, which I'm sure I'll burn now that I said that. I also got 3 loads of laundry washed, dried and folded today so it has been a fairly productive day which is good because tomorrow is Monday for me and the beginning of another exciting work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment